Safety Plus Australia delivers the nationally accredited unit RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights course under the Parcor Safety Training and Consulting RTO Code 7076.
This course applies to persons who are required to work safely at heights. It includes: Identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task; accessing and installing equipment, performing work at heights; and cleaning up the work area.
Unit of Competency:
RIIWHS204D Work safely at Heights
Age of 18 years or over.
The ability to;
- read, understand and complete workplace documentation
- explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
- understand regulatory requirements
- perform numeracy tasks to the level of calculating fall distances and safe working loads
- wear harnesses and/or other PPE as required by the site
- Legislation, Regulation and Australian Standards
- Falls from Heights Incidents
- Hierarchy of control
- Suspension trauma, who it affects and how to prevent it
- Correct selection and use of PPE
- Anchor points and safety ratings
- Fitting and inspection of full body harnesses
- Fall Arrest vs. Fall Restraint
- Maintenance of equipment
- Knot tying
- Ladder safety
- Initial rescue from heights
- Appropriate height safety work permits
- Other height safety equipment and may also include a practical demonstration if available on site
Face to face training will be conducted over a period of 8 hours including both theory and practical components.
Assessment of knowledge will be conducted by use of a workbook and verbal questioning. Participants will also be required to demonstrate competence through a range of practical activities.
Course Size, Cost and Location:
Courses are held at the Safety Plus Australia factory in Knoxfield, Victoria. To ensure quality training and a safe learning environment, the maximum allowable group size is 10 participants. The cost is $250.00 + 10% GST per person. This cost includes course materials, lunch and morning tea.
Group Bookings held at a premises of your choice
Day/course for Melbourne Metro, Geelong and Ballarat $1,675.00 + 10% GST
Day/course for all other areas of Victoria $1,975.00 +10% GST
The maximum number of students shall not exceed 12. A training room with a projector is required to be supplied. Please note lunch and morning tea are not included in courses held at your premises.
Participants are required to complete an online enrolment form at least 48 hours before the commencement of the course. Participants are required to be on time for all courses and bring a form of identification such as drivers licence or Medicare card for verification of details listed on the course enrolment form.
What will attendees receive?
Statement of Attainment issued to individual participants who successfully complete the requirements of the unit of competency;
Please contact Lisa on 1300 713 566
or email email@example.com